Saturday, April 2, 2011

Macarons make me want to be snarky! April Fools to me!

 I decided to attempt French Macarons, because the weather was so nice and I just felt extra happy. I though this should be good, I'll have macarons to pass out. I had also gotten this book a few days ago in the mail.


So with my trusty book and several recipes online for reference, I set off to conquer macaron making. I had to let my eggs dry, so I decided to make a ganache first. I had mangos at home so I figured a mango ganache would be great, especially since I love the taste of mango.




It came out great. Mango, white chocolate ganache. Maybe a little too much white chocolate. 
My eggs were dry and so I whipped till the peaks were stiff. Maybe a little too stiff because my macaron came out too airy. I added the flour mixture and then pipped.



And this is what they looked like out of the oven! There are feet!!! so I did something right!





 They final product wasn't bad but over half my shells were cracked and thus rejects!


 Here's my nice one. It was so time consuming and I was making them till midnight and I only had about 20 fully made cookies with ganache that weren't cracked. The grueling process really made me cranky, but I shall try again. I suppose this was my own April Fools joke on myself: thinking I could make macarons so easily.




No comments:

Post a Comment